Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day Dreaming of Things to Do...The Powder Room

Oh that powder room, how plain and beige you are. Its a pretty basic bathroom, builder grade oval mirror, lighting, pedestal sink and toilet, with a little window for extra light. A good room for fixing up new color paint maybe a beach themed space since the fixtures are white.


  
A nice sea foam green on the walls? How about Sherwin Williams Green Trance -SW6462  and add a wainscoting for the bottom half painted in  Kelly Moore's Swiss Coffee-23 or maybe just paint the bottom with Swiss Coffee and add border to transition from white to green like what House Tweaking did in her powder room (she uses paper toilet rolls, talk about recycling, note I have a similar layout and design). How about using a sponge and blotting on squares instead of circles, could make a tiled effect. I might have to give it a go and see how my textured walls look after blotting it on.

SW6462


Also I'm toying with the idea of trying to find a framed oval mirror to replace the frame less one currently in. How about something like this from a Etsy shop BeachGrassCottage?
But that might be another project on its own. So for now I need to stop day dreaming about my powder room and concentrate on my Master Bedroom's curtains...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment